Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: I was wondering

  1. #1
    chrstnwmn7
    Guest chrstnwmn7's Avatar

    Question

    Has anyone here who sews thought of making clothes from the 80s and 90s for their dolls??? Mini replicas of clothes you had? I think that would be so great to see!!!!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 11, 2006 11:51 PM: Message edited by: chrstnwmn7 ]</font>

  2. #2
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    OOOOOOH! I would love 90's clothing!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member KimberBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2003
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can't for the life of me can't remember who posted it, but a while ago someone posted pictures of an 80's style Madonna-esque Kirsten they restored. I think it was a Kirsten fixer upper with a repaint and the cutest 80's custom outfit. I've always thought it would be the coolest thing if someone had an 80's doll complete with a whole 80s wardrobe, including all the old fashions and maybe an alf doll, little trolls, or a cabbage patch doll for accessories.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member angelnise's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2006
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I remember that way back when, I had an outfit just like Madonna's in her "Like a V..." video. It was a pair of white bike shorts with two layers of white lace tiered over them, a white tank top with lace, and a jacket with a lace strip in the sleeves. The jacket was bolero style....wish I hadn't gotten rid of it!
    Mimicking the big hair would actually be the most difficult thing to accomplish....
    Need high-heeled white lace boots, too (I had a pair that ended up being my wedding shoes later on because they were so comfy).

  5. #5
    chrstnwmn7
    Guest chrstnwmn7's Avatar

    Post

    My favorite 80s clothes were the tiered skirts over bike shorts and the stone washed jeans with lace patches. I loved those!!! I would love to make a mini me at about 10 years old. Hee Hee. I guess it would have to be Nellie with the rectangle glasses!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •